Sunday, April 08, 2018

Sketching Shelli (Codfish Project) Apr. 8, 2018


This is a sketch for the wooden codfish I am decorating for the Marblehead Festival of the Arts. This is my fourth year participating. About 50 local artists will each decorate a wooden codfish, to be displayed in Marblehead and then auctioned off to benefit Marblehead Festival of the Arts. This year, I am decorating my codfish with a design of seashells in place of scales. I decided to name my fish Shelli.  Instead of starting work right on the wooden cutout, I am planning out my design on paper.  The sketch is still rough, but I think the idea will work.  If you want to get an idea of where this is going, follow this link to see "Bella Bacalhau," my entry from 2 years ago (2016): www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/26803421380/

No comments: