Monday, November 12, 2018

Snowcapped Mountains (Acrylic Watermedia) as of Nov. 12, 2018


This is the painting I have been working on.  This is inspired by a photo that I took back in June in Colorado. (My photo reference is posted here on Nov. 5th.)  I didn't have a chance to paint until late in the day, almost dark.  I didn't want to risk playing with the colors, but I did want to revise the shapes of those distant peaks. So I used white and white mixed with some cobalt blue (the same colors I have been using in that area).  Referring to the photo, I made more adjustments to the shapes of those peaks, and used a wide brush to lay in strokes for the snow, going for a "rockier" texture.  Then I photographed this in artificial light, so the color is definitely off in this picture.  But I think the shapes of the snowy peaks are a bit better.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: