Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Snowcapped Mountains (Acrylic Watermedia) as of Nov. 13, 2018


I did some more work on this painting today. This is inspired by a photo that I took in Colorado back in June. We were headed toward Central City, and yes, there was snow on the mountains in June.  (The digitally altered photo that I am using as a reference is posted here on November 5.) Today I did a bit more work on the snowcapped mountains, trying to get shapes and textures right. Then I started working on the sky, going for a color that will contrast with the mountains and the snow.  Then I added some washes to the layers of mountains just below. I referred to my photo to try to get the colors right, and to use dark and late to create depth.  Still struggling, but I finally feel like this is headed in the right direction. To be continued. .  . .

No comments: