Sunday, December 02, 2018

Tree of Life Menorah (Video)


It's Chanukah tonight! I have been thinking about an idea for a Chanukah video, and I had the idea of making a "Tree of Life" menorah in honor of those lost in the shooting in Pittsburg. My idea was to start with an image of the "Tree of Life" and then transform the tree into a menorah.  (I make these videos by drawing on my iPad with the Procreate app, and the video is created as I draw.)  Well, the Procreate app has a stylus, but it was out of battery.  But I was eager to get started, so while the stylus was charging, I decided to do a trial run on Procreate, sketching the idea with my finger instead of a stylus (something I used to do all the time with the Brushes app).  But I was able to get through the whole video sequence without any big mistakes or problems (a small miracle in itself), and I liked this brave little menorah.  So I decided that my "trial run" would become the final version.  Sending this out to say "Happy Chanukah" to those celebrating, and for all my lovely Facebookers, no matter what calendar you follow, I wish you courage, freedom, and light.

No comments: