Sunday, February 24, 2019

Driving towards Vail (Acrylic Watermedia) as of February 23, 2019


This is the painting I have been working on, as it looked at the end of the day yesterday.  This landscape is based on a photo that I took in Colorado last summer. (The reference photo is posted here February 18.) Yes, there really is snow on the mountains in the summer.  This is part of a series of "Mountain Daydreams", painted in acrylic on Aquaboard.  Yesterday I made many, many small revisions.  I adjusted the colors with washes to make them more subtle. Thinking of advise from Dancing with the Stars judge Carrie Ann Inaba to "always finish your lines, " I tried to make sure that the strong diagonals went to the border.  When I start making so many small changes, that's a sign that the painting is almost finished.  In this case, it had to be, because  it was due to be dropped off at Galatea Fine Art* the following day.  But when I went to bed, I knew that there was at least one more line to fix in the morning.

No comments: