Saturday, March 23, 2019

Dancers (Painting) as of March 23, 2019


Today I continued work on this project, a double portrait of this couple that I am painting from a photo. I started by adjusting the lines of the walls, trying to improve the composition and making sure the perspective works.  I moved the corner of the walls to make it visible, so the painting will be easier to read. Then I worked on cleaning up the areas in the background, covering up the many marks I made as I revised the figures.  Although there is now color in the background, I am really concentrating on working out value (light and dark) and am still figuring out what the final colors will be.  Right now I am thinking neutrals with yellow tones in the floor, purple tones in the shadows, and maybe pink tones in the walls, but we will see.  I also started adding purple, in transparent layers, over the man's suit (heading toward black) and over the woman's hair, heading towards gray.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: