Sunday, March 24, 2019

Dancers (Painting as of March 24, 2019)


Here is my current work-in-progress as it looks today.  I am painting a portrait of this couple, based on one of their favorite photos.  I have been working  on adding color to the figures, and working on the background, too. As I add color to the background, I am noticing things I want to fix. Last night I marked some changes to the man's position, and this morning I began by painting in those corrections  Then I added some purple shadows and highlights to the man's suit.  And I spent the rest of the time evening out the background areas and putting down a first layer of color (underpainting).  These are not the final colors, but I think I am going to use purple, pink, and pale yellow tones.  Today I already toned down the pink on the walls, using brown to make it more neutral, but I plan to tone it down even more by the time I am done.  To be continued. . . .

No comments: