Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Dancers (Painting) as of March 5, 2019


This is a double portrait in progress.  Today I did just a little work on the faces, and then returned to painting the figures.  I am working from a favorite photo of this couple (dance instructors in their 80s!) Today I concentrated on the positions of the arms and upper bodies.  There is a lot of torque or contra-posto in the position and it is a struggle to capture in 2-D.  I made a lot of changes, trying to get the positions as close as possible to the photo, but also trying to make the positions believable in the painting. I added a bit of color just to make things clearer as I was moving things around, choosing pink so it would blend in with the skin tones. I think the figures are improving, but there is still a long way to go! To be continued. . . .

No comments: