Saturday, December 12, 2020

A Chanukah Transformation (Final Version)



Two days ago, I posted an animation that I made on my iPad with the Procreate app, which captures a stroke-by-stroke video as you draw.*  Yesterday I posted an image of the menorah, the final frame of the video.  I liked the image, but as a friend noticed, the placement of the candles was off, so it didn't really look like a proper menorah, which has eight candles on a lower level, plus another candle -- the shamos (used to light the other candles) -- that is placed higher than the others.  So I decided to fix the problem. I opened the image on my computer, and used Painter to throw a grid over the image. Then I used some cut-and-paste and digital pastel to get my candles to behave.  While I was at it, I did a little more clean-up and re-cropped the image. Here is my new, improved menorah.
*If you want to see the original video, here is the link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/randiart/50703468041

No comments: