Monday, December 28, 2020

Waldo Canyon Wildfire (Acrylic Watermedia) as of December 27, 2020



Here's my current work-in-progress as it looked yesterday. The fire, four miles from Colorado Springs, was caused "by human activity,"  caused wide-spread evacuations, and was finally brought under control by firefighters, but it took six weeks. I hope to show this painting as part of the "Heroes and Villains" show at Galatea Fine Arts next month. My painting reference is posted here December 22. I used my photo of the scene taken in Colorado Springs 2016 (damage remaining four years after the actual fire), and based on news photos, I changed the colors of the sky to resemble the fire scene.  Here you can see my work to establish some basic shapes in the sky, and to refine the shapes in the mountains.

No comments: