Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Waldo Canyon Wildfire (Acrylic Watermedia) as of December 28, 2020



Yesterday I continued work on this project, a representation of the Waldo Canyon Wildfire near Colorado Springs. My reference photo, posted here December 22, is a photo that I took in Colorado in 2016, with colors suggesting fire and smoke added.  Yesterday I continued working on the composition. This is still quite rough. I also added some blue to the sky and reworked some of the shapes.  I also did more work to the foreground. I am going to try to convey the feeling of looking past the live green trees in the foreground, to the gray hillside and burnt out forest in the background. I hope to show this painting in the upcoming special exhibit at Galatea in January.  To be continued. . .

No comments: