Thursday, March 11, 2021

Kalimba and Lexi (Painting) as of March 11, 2021



This afternoon, I worked on this painting.  I concentrated most of my attention on facial features of sweet Lexi, the dog on the right. I worked from my reference photos, trying to get a likeness of her, and also trying to make sure that her proportions are similar to Kalimba's (the lovely dog on the left).  I also made a few corrections to Lexi's position, and started a bit of work on the dogs' bed, especially that corded seam.  It is a nice accent to have that line, and it also functions as a way for me to check that my placement is correct.  I am working on small details, so it seems like things are moving slowly.  Nonetheless, I think I will be able to finish soon. The background should go quickly, I imagine.

No comments: