Friday, March 12, 2021

Kalimba and Lexi (Painting) as of March 12, 2021



I worked on this painting again this morning, a double portrait of two greyhounds, Kalimba (on the left) and Lexi (on the right).  Last night, I had decided that Lexi's head needed to be a bit larger, so that is what I started with.  I sketched in the changes with yellow conte crayon, and then repainted, mostly with purple and white today.  I also made a few changes to Kalimba's face and ears. I am still working to make sure the features and markings are in the right place. For this detailed work, I am using a teeny tiny brush, and it takes time. There are a few changes to go.   It is one thing to draw a dog; it is quite another to capture the face of a particular dog, but it is well worth it.  There is no such thing as a generic dog.  Ask any dog owner.

No comments: