Sunday, October 08, 2023

Near Vail in Summer (Painting as of October 8, 2023)



This is my painting as of October 8th.  My main goal that day was to correct a problem that I had noticed the day before: not enough contrast between the white areas and silver areas toward the top of the canvas.  Under artificial light,  the silver was so reflective that it seemed to disappear.  So I wanted to make the silver areas less reflective so they would show up under a bright light.  I did that by darkening the silver paint, adding a bit of black and some purple liquitex.  (You can see the purple shades toward the bottom of the canvas.)  I also repainted and sharpened the white areas. I was much happier with the painting once that was done.  I also repainted the sky.  Almost finished. . . .

No comments: