Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Reflections on the Water (Posterized and Modified Photo)

Reflections on the Water (Posterized and Modified Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is an image that I have seen and photographed several times in the past few weeks: reflections on the pond at sunset. I like the pattern created by the reflections of the trees and pink sky. But most of my photos failed to capture the color of the water and sky, probably because of the brightness of the sunlight. (After all, I was pointing the camera toward the sun.) Tonight I decided to take matters into my own hands. I cropped this image out of one of the photos, monkeyed with the brightness controls a bit, and then opened the image in Painter IX. I used a very gentle color overlay to restore the pink colors in the sky and water that the phonecam had lost. Then I posterized the image, changing levels until I got the effect I wanted.

No comments: