Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Sketch for Mill and River at Night (As of Oct. 3)

Sketch for Mill and River at Night (As of Oct. 3) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This morning I worked a little bit more on this sketch of the Merrimack River in New Hampshire. I made the sketch on my PDA (handheld computer), but am working in Painter on a PC to revise the image. In Painter I can enlarge the image and can even use a grid to try to straighten out my lines. Today I re-worked the reflection of the mill building in the water, trying to make the river look quieter, as it is in my photo (posted a few days ago). I worked on straightening the lines of the building's reflection in the water, without losing the sense that this is a image reflected in a river. I also added some shadows to the water near the shore line, and darkened the foliage. I wanted to re-work the foreground a bit, but I didn't have time today. Maybe I can do that over the next few days.

No comments: