Saturday, April 05, 2008

Radio City Music Hall April 1943 (Colorized and Rescued Photo)

Radio City Music Hall April 1943 (Colorized and Rescued Photo) Originally uploaded by randubnick

This is a colorized version of the photo I posted yesterday, a snapshot rescued from my mother's album. This was taken during my parents' honeymoon trip to New York, just before my dad was shipped overseas to Europe. The pink tone in the photo appeared when I scanned it into the computer, and it gave me the idea of adding more color. I used Painter's digital pastel to add some soft color, to make it look like an old tinted photograph. (I looked at some color images of Radio City because I wasn't sure of the colors. During the day, the big letters of Radio City look red, but at night when the lights are on, they look orange or yellow.) Well, in any case, I am not going for historical accuracy here. I am just using color to suggest the sense of excitement of seeing that I imagine my mom experienced when she saw Radio City Music Hall on her first trip to New York City.

No comments: