Sunday, August 24, 2008

After School (Brayer Print)

After School (Brayer Print) Originally uploaded by randubnick

Last week, I taught a printmaking class to teens at Red Brick Studios. The cleanup after using the printing press is pretty intense, so to make it more interesting, I suggested we clean the brayers by rolling them over white paper. The marks left by the brayer create an abstract image. I did a demo for the students which I posted here yesterday. I think the students enjoyed this way of cleaning up. After the class was over and the students were gone, I still had some brayers that weren't quite clean enough, so I decided to use all the brayers to make another print. I call this "After School" because of the primary colors, and because I was having so much fun, staying after class to make this image.

No comments: