Saturday, December 06, 2008

Lake Placid Necklace with Brown Wooden Beads




Lake Placid Necklace with Brown Wooden Beads   (Originally uploaded by randubnick)

I made this necklace back in September, during a weekend trip to Lake Placid.  (There was a conference in Lake Placid, and I tagged along for the ride.) For most of the trip, the weather was great, but one afternoon, it poured, so I spent some time in the local bead store.  Inspired by the Adirondack crafts all around me, I picked out some interesting wooden beads, and made four necklaces.  This morning, I remembered to take the Lake Placid necklaces along to show at Open Studios at Red Brick.  At the studio, I decided to photograph all four necklaces before I added them to my jewelry display.  I am glad I decided to do that, because this one sold this afternoon. 

No comments: