Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Golden Path (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)


Golden Path (Oil Bar Painting Day 1)
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

This is another oil bar painting that I have been working on this week, a painting of a sunlit path in October. This is how the painting looked on Day 1, which was December 26th. My goal that day was to just rough in the composition, which turned out to be a bit of a challenge because I couldn't get the path to behave itself. I struggled with the perspective, and was getting lost in revisions and changes, until finally I used a big red oil bar to draw in the outlines of the path. That seemed to do the trick. This painting is loosely based on a photo that I took at Long Hill Gardens in late October. (If you want to see the photo, it is also called "Golden Path" and I posted it on this site on October 27, 2009)

No comments: