Monday, November 22, 2010

Distant Shore from Halibut Point


Distant Shore from Halibut Point
Originally uploaded by
randubnick

Here's another photograph from my adventure at Halibut Point over the weekend. This was my first visit to Halibut Point in Rockport, MA, and I took a lot of pictures. (Don't worry; I am not going to post all of them.) I took this photograph from the scenic overlook. The brochures say you can see as far as Maine and New Hampshire. I don't know if the land masses in the distance are New Hampshire and Massachusetts, or just Crane's beach, but I like the effect when you look at the horizon line. I like the play of horizontal and diagonal lines in the photo, so I used iPhoto to crop it to get this composition. This might make a good composition for a painting.

No comments: