Monday, October 17, 2011

Colorado Drawings Dillon Step 1

This is a mixed media drawing (in progress), the first in what I hope will be a series of small drawings based on an old sketchbook that I used on a trip to Colorado in th 1980s. Yesterday I posted a "dress rehearsal," a trial run that I made of this sketch to see how the conte crayon and marker pen would work. Today I started "the real thing". This time I used a more constrained color scheme, and used less modeling, going for somewhat flatter areas of color. I liked the result, especially the color. I took this picture and I was going to stop here. Maybe I should have. . . .But although I thought the color was working, I felt like I was losing the lines. I had been fighting the urge to draw back into the image with fine line marker. I finally gave in. (Maybe I shouldn't have.). . .To be continued.

No comments: