Friday, April 17, 2015

Decoupage Box (Mom Reading a Letter) as of April 14, 2015



Here is my decoupage box as it looked on April 14, 2015. The image is a picture of my mother reading a letter. This is colorized and posterized photo that I first posted here on November 2, 2012. The original version of the image was an old black and white snapshot that my aunt sent to me. I really liked the picture of my mother sitting in a chair and reading a letter. But the snapshot was only about 2" x 3" and it was out of focus and a bit scratched up. So back in 2012, I scanned it into my computer, retouched and cropped it in iPhoto and then sharpened the focus and added color overlays in Painter. This spring, when I decided to make a decoupage box, I came across the image again, and decided to use it. When I painted the inside of the box, I was trying to match the red of the chair in the colorized photo. To add this image to the box, I printed out a copy of it from the computer and used acrylic medium to glue it down. I was happy with the result, but thought it might look good with a border. To be continued. . . .

No comments: