Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Mom's Baby Picture (Edited)


The baby in the carriage is my mother, and I think this is the only baby picture I have of her.  Last summer, I edited the original photo for a Memory Imprints* project (a memory book about my mom).  The photo I had was scratched and torn, with a hole in the upper left corner.  (You can see the "Before and After" photos posted here on July 31, 2016)  I used basic photo software to remove scratches and marks, but then did some serious restoration in Painter, using cut-and-paste and digital pastel to draw in the missing upper corner.  I am glad I did because I love this picture of her. i am posting it today in honor of her birthday, November 2, 2014. Yesterday I decided to make a colorized version of this photo which I plan to post here tomorrow.  Then I plan to mount the photo on a painted jute canvas, as a keepsake.
*(If you want to know more about Memory Imprints, follow this link:

No comments: