Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Portrait of Us (Pencil Sketch for Portrait as of Dec. 13, 2016)


Today I did some more work on this drawing, a pencil sketch that I started two days ago. I am doing this sketch to prepare to paint a  double portrait of this couple. I will be using acrylics on canvas, and my reference is a vacation photo of the couple riding a motor bike during a trip to Greece, which is the reason for the helmets and sunglasses. This afternoon I made some changes to   the faces but I also concentrated on the figure drawing aspect of this project, working out the placement and position of shoulders, necks, and heads. I also worked on the helmets, as well, trying to capture the distance between the two people. So this is the pencil sketch as it looked when I stopped working today, but I can already see some things I want to fix.

No comments: